Saturday, February 19, 2011

??????????

I cant even think of a title for this. My life has been turned upside down the past 2 weeks. I dont even know where to start or even how to explain. So Ill just say the basics. My husband has been cheating on me for the past 4 months. Yes...he has been cheating on me with a whore. She does not have a even close repetation to something good. I have heard she is a homewrecker and a whore and she gets with guys like this for excitement. God has put it in my heart for the time being to wait....and to forgive him and try and make this work. The man that is now, is not the man that I married. I can honestly say that. Please pray for him and whatever he is going through. We have been trying for a baby and less than a month, he gets his stuff and moves out. I might later explain everything that has happened, just for me to remember, so I can grow during this time.

But I want to put some things up that I have been reading, that explains Mark and I during this time and what I think is happeneing. Other than the devil having such a hold on Mark that he is blind by whats hes doing.

Q: How many affairs survive as enduring relationships?
Dr. G: Only 10% of people who leave their relationship for affairs end up with the affair partner. Once you can be with the person every day, and deal with all the little irritations in a relationship that makes it less romantic, you’re into Stage Two—disillusionment. Several people have told me they wish the affair had never happened; they wish they had worked on their marriage instead. Once they got into an affair, it was too compelling. But now that the affair has settled into a reality based relationship, it’s too late to go back to the marriage; they destroyed too much.


Q: Eventually the questioning and revealing assume a more normal level in the relationship?
Dr. G:
Yes, but things will often pop up. Someone or something will prompt them to remember something that was said. What did you mean when you said that? Or, what were you doing when that happened? In the beginning, the betrayed partner wants details. Where, what, when. Did you tell them you love them? Did you give them gifts? Did they give you gifts? How often did you see them? How many times did you have sex? Where did you have sex, was it in our house? Was it in the car? How much money did you spend. Those kinds of factual questions need to be answered. Eventually the questions develop more complexity. How did it go on so long if you knew that it was wrong? After that first time, did you feel guilty? At that point they’re in the final stages of trauma recovery, which is the search for meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment