Thursday, August 9, 2012

Spiritually Single

I follow this page on Facebook and I absolutely love it.........I get these graphics and quotes all the time.....I wanted to share a few.  These are what I need to read and see for me right now in this part of my life.


Are you single? Be prayerfully alert and stay in tune with the Lord to be able to hear His voice a midst this noisy world. Don't fail to see the warning signs that He has put in place to protect you from making a mistake, from a broken heart and from the pain and hurt that comes along with a failed relationship. Seek Him now more than ever and He will guard your heart and save you for the "right one".




 Find yourself in God. Seek Him and His presence and cement your identity in Him. He created you, delicately knit you together, who better to define you. He wants you to see yourself through His eyes, to behold what truly matters. Gain confidence in Him and allow Him to radiate through you. His glow will beckon the godly men and shun away all the others.



 God's answer to your prayers will not always be what you expect but keep in mind that it's perfect. It's not easy to trust the Lord when He negates to give you what you so want but it's during this time that Jesus asks, "Do you love me? " Prove your love and trust Christ even if it doesn't make sense. Praise Him through your anger, through your frustration, through the confusion. Don't second guess His work or His plans for you. Trust Him... you will soon see His purpose for your pain.
"He is working in you. God is helping you obey Him. God is doing what He wants done in you." (Philippians 2:13 NLV)
 
 
 Patiently wait and give God a chance to show you His glory, the masterpiece He's been working on. Don't cheat yourself out on experiencing the joy of living out God's plan.
"He will fill the desire of those who fear Him. He will also hear their cry and will save them." (Psalm 145:19 NLV)
 
 Don't worry it's just a matter of time. God has perfect timing, never early, never late.
 
 Are you frustrated? Is your heart anxious that things are not happening fast enough? Do these emotions manifest in complaining and constant griping? Constant grumbling will not bring your blessing any quicker on the contrary it will delay it. Give thanks to the Lord for this season in your life. Read His word and combat negativity with the promises that are in store for your life. Praise God because where you currently stand will serve as a springboard to catapult you to where you long to be. It's all part of His plan... trust Him.
"Be relaxed with what you have. Since God assured us, "I'll never let you down, never walk off and leave you." (Hebrews 13:5 MSG)
 
I'm in the transitioning part of my life and the unknown of anything right now scares me.  I really want to get married and have kids one day.  It scares me to think that it wont happen or Ill get married and not have kids.  I also worry that its going to be 5 years or so from now, when I would really hope it could happen in the next couple of years.  I have to always sit back and remind myself, to just "let go and trust God".  God knows my heart better than I do and he can hear my cries and my urge for a mate. God also knows what the future holds and he knows whats best for me.  Letting go of something you have no control over in the first place and putting it in Gods hands is the biggest and most peaceful feeling you can have.  Even though my heart would really want someone to tell me they love me and care for me, I can put my full attention on God right now and what he wants me to do.  You  never know with me doing Gods plan is where I might just meet the man God has for me.  
 
I cant relate to some people who have been single most of their life and is at the age where they thought they would be married with kids.  I am the person who was with someone basically my whole life, since 15 and now am starting over.  I think both sides is hard.  I have memories with someone, but its been hard adjusting to being single since I haven't felt it.  I can see how being single this whole time and not feeling or living what I have gone through and the eagerness of just wanting to settle down and have a family could weigh on your heart.  
 
All I want to say is for anyone with both of these and is going through what I'm going through right now is.  DON'T SETTLE!!!!  DON'T DATE SOMEONE YOU CANT SEE YOURSELF MARRYING!!!!
They both are true.  I honestly don't think I would of dated my ex husband if I would of met him off the streets (we met online).  I ended up marrying him....no regrets, but I fell in love and I don't think we were supposed to be together.  Then I dated someone who I could never see myself marrying, but I started having feelings for him and to this day I struggle with my love towards him.  I don't regret anything for its my testimony, but if I listened and seeked God, I could of saved myself a bunch of heartache.
 
I thought after my divorce I could date and see where things go with whoever.  Now I decided, I only want to date someone who I plan on marrying.  I know God will give me peace for that person and vise versa.  I had doubts with my other relationships.  I doubted alot of things, nothing felt 100% right.  Well I read this book, my friend, shes an Author of "Single woman, seeks perfect man", and she told me......"When in doubt, DON'T".  Ive realized with that saying, that when I doubt something, then I pray about it and usually Gods not giving me the "OK".  I know when something is right, when I have full peace about something.  I know when the time is right and when God knows I'm ready, He will reveal to me who I need to be with.  But until then, I need to praise, worship and do His plan for my life.  I cant rush God, no one can, but don't settle, because in the long run, you wont be fully happy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment