Monday, May 7, 2012

My new improved bathroom





I started redoing my bathroom December of 2010.  Yes....2010!!!!  I remember it was bothering me, it was just a hot mess and I was ready to have another project on my hands.  I remember I was off for 2 weeks from the school and I wanted it to be my Christmas gift.  I remember Mark telling me I shouldn't do it.  I know now why.  A few months later, he left me, and then I had abandoned it.  It was just a horrible mess since then and now that I'm happy and wanting new beginnings, I picked up on it one day after I mowed.  I knew if I started I would finish this time.  So I started and didn't stop.  It took me about another couple of weeks, trying to get all the extra stuff I needed that I hadn't purchased before.  I got most of my decorations and paint and what not before, that was just sitting there needing to be put up.  But I hadn't gotten curtains or new blinds and some decorations that I wanted to add.  I'm proud of the result.  I like to stop by and look at it every once in awhile when I go up the hallway.  I don't use this bathroom, this is my grandpas and visitors bathroom.  I had to go back and find my before pictures, and I wasn't even sure if I had uploaded them, but they were here.  When I looked at them, I couldn't even believe how horrible it looked before, lol.  It was so long ago, but I love the end result!!!!  I painted the top with a wine color, and then painted the trim white.  I also put a textured wallpaper of the back splash to warm it up!!  Got new knobs for the cabinets and some new furniture.  The before decorations was my mommas taste....I have no idea what she was thinking, lol.

4 comments:

  1. I’m totally with you, Rachel. Your new bathroom looks amazing. The previous design looks good too. But I couldn’t help but fall in love with the new look. The dark red walls make your bathroom look sophisticated, and it gives you that warm feeling. I can imagine myself soaking in the tub, relaxing and reading a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be proud, Rachel! If I were to rate your transformation, it would be a perfect 10. Hehe. By the way, starting a new beginning is hard, but with this bathroom remodeling, you did great! This area, as one of the oases for relaxation, deserves a sophisticated transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom really went a long way! Before, it looked like it had an underwater motif. Now, it has a feminine and romantic touch! It looks like a hotel bathroom, which is perfect for visitors. The colors and the lighting work exceptionally well too. The lights seem to add a sharp contrast to the soft feel of the walls. I bet your grandparents are pleased with the way it looks. You’ve done a great project, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is worth all the time and hard work! And this is one sweet reward for you, Rachel! Looking at the pictures, I can say that the bathroom went from chic to elegant. The red walls and soft lighting make this possible. It looks like an upscale bath on the Upper East Side!

    ReplyDelete