Thursday, May 27, 2010

My grandpa


My grandpa is getting a colonoscopy done at 7am today. I'm a little worried, cause we went to the Dr and he was like...you should of had one 2 years ago. My grandpa had colon cancer in 2007 around my wedding date. We always went to the surgeon every 6 months since then and he always checked my grandpa and now he sent us to the Dr who did it, and he gets upset. So now that has me worried. What if something came back??? Its so scary. My grandpa is the only parent I have left and I don't know what I would do if something was to happen to him. I feel like the past 6 months to a year, things have gotten hard for him, and hes kind of just given up. I mean I cant say given up, but his knees have been bothering him, and it hurts when he walks. Also he gets gout alot in alot of places, and it really hurts him to do anything when it flares up. We have gotten him medicine and even a preventable medicine and still it keeps coming back. He has even cut almost everything out of his food. He only eats chicken, no other meat....he cant eat beans, pickles, coleslaw, anything pork. I mean, he gets mad when he cant have simple things like a hamburger or even beans. Like I said though, I love him so much and he helps my husband and I out so much too with bills, that if something was to happen to him, I don't know what I would do. We might have to go bankrupt or something. But other than that, he has such a great Christian man....He has a heart of gold and is so sweet. I feel so blessed to have him as my grandpa. I am so glad God gave me him and I feel so bad when I get mad at him and is rude, but I think alot of times he can do stuff, but he just don't want too. I don't want him to just sit there and deteriate. Hes 80 and I want him to be here another 40 years :) I love you grandpa, and I hope and pray everything is okay tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. awww Rachel I am praying for your Grandpa, he is such a sweet man :)

    ReplyDelete