Thursday, November 25, 2010

9 years



Its been 9 years since my mom died. I cant say it doesn't seem that long ago, because alot has happened in between then.
I graduated High school
Went and finished my college for the year I went
Got kidney cancer
Got married
and got pregnant a couple of times and have been trying for over 2 years.

I miss her and wish she was here, especially when I don't know what to do about trying and losing my babies. I know she would have the right things to say and she would comfort me like no one could. My husband can and does it, but its good to have your mom, a woman, understanding or trying to understand what your going through.

She was the best woman I have ever known and met. She was funny, strong, strict, a Godly woman, caring, loving, and I knew she loved me more than life itself. On my moms grave she put on it.... Jesus is my Lord and Savior and under that, it says...Rachel's Mom. One day, Ill go out there and take a picture of it. She was proud of me and I know she would be of me now. I still try and live my life everyday, making her proud of me. I don't want to mess up and make mistakes, I'm going to live with for the rest of my life. She always wanted me to have a healthy and happy life. She tried anything and everything for me to have that. And I know that's what moms do for their children. You always want to give them more and better than what you had.

I love her and miss her dearly. I'm glad I got to know her and be with her as much as I did. I wish she was still here so we could talk about stuff we couldn't talk about when I was younger and a teenager. But one day we will meet again. There is not a shadow of a doubt in my mind that she is up in heaven taking care and playing with my babies. It makes it that special, since I didn't get to see and meet them.

I love you mom.....until one day, we will see each other again!!!

Shirley Gayle Fincher
March 12, 1959 - November 25, 2001

2 comments:

  1. So sweet Rachel, I know you miss your Momma! But your right, she is up there holding those babies until you meet again. What a sweet reunion that will be. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss her too, she was everything you said and much much more!! She still has a huge influence in my life, we were a lot a like in many ways, and I wish I could be half of what she was!

    ReplyDelete