Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sick AGAIN


It started about Tuesday....I got a sore throat again and I just thought, maybe it was the fan from sleeping. But it never went away. Tuesday night I woke up at 3am ready to work. I think it was all the stress of getting everything ready for our feast at school. Then Wednesday night, I woke up around 3am again, because I couldnt breathe. It was miserable. Then Thursday, my throat hurt so bad and I didnt even sleep that night, because everytime I would lay down, my throat would feel like it was closing and I would wake up grasping for air. My throat and glands was that swollen. So Friday morning, since I couldnt sleep, went straight to the Dr. He tested me for strep throat and was sure I had it. I didnt have it, my test results came back negative and him and another Dr, thought it was strange. But he ended up giving me a shot in my boohiney and told me that it will help the swelling in about 48 hours. He said I will notice a difference in 24 hours, but really 48 hours. I didnt sleep all that well Friday night still, but I think I got a couple of hours and then last night, I slept really good. I finally, fell asleep in our recliner and then I gradually went and laid down in the nursery. Im still feeling tired from all the lack of sleep, but I think today Im going to nap. The Dr also gave me some antibiotics for 10 days and he said it should be all gone by then. You are supposed to take them every 12 hours, but I wanted relief that I wasnt doing that. I was taking them like every 6 hours, but I slowed down now, lol. I was miserable. I felt like I was going crazy. My body was shutting down, but I couldnt give it any rest. If you know me, you know that I need sleep. My body just feels so confused and out of whack.

I did read, that statistics say that the average person will get 2-4 colds this winter. Well, Im already at 2.....so maybe that'll be it for me.

Oh and I did have those white bumps all on the back of my tonsils....and the strep throat test, was miserable!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment