Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hormone Imbalance

I was laying in bed watching TV with Mark, when I go....Ugh, I'm cramping! He then said, Awww.....I want you to be pregnant! That just stabbed me in the heart. Mark has never just came out and said it like that before. He thinks when he says stuff like that, that it makes it harder on me. But the way he said it, he was just so sincere and so hopeful and sad all at the same time. It made me realize just how bad he too wants a baby and that its not all me that talks about it. He likes to keep things to himself, but that reminded me, that he too wants what I want.....We both want a family together!


We really want a family and sometimes I think our argument's and lashing out at each other has to do with trying all the time. It really takes a toll on a couple, especially almost 3 years of trying and 3 losses. I know there are plenty of couples out there that have been trying for longer and have more problems and even the couples who cant have kids, how hard it must be. I know we still have a ways of trying and figuring out what the problem is, but its still hard, cause we really just want to conceive the natural way.



I was researching about my pimples latley on the internet. I have been breaking out bad the past couple of months around my chin area. I looked it up, and it said most women who have that has problem has a hormone imbalance. So I then read more about it and it was talking about being off on your cycles and growing excessive hair. Which I have been growing alot of dark hair under my chin.....usually it was a few hairs, but no lie, I have to like shave under my neck....its bizarre....but it has only happened since I had my ectopic this summer. Im thinking maybe this past pregnancy knocked something off of my body. I havent had O pains since then, and my O and my regualr periods have been off. I was going every 28 days and knew when I was going to start. I dont know what to do. I want to go to the Dr and get it fixed, but I think Im just going to chill for the rest of the year and take my clomid a month and see from there. I do plan on going to the dr in January anyways, so if its different then good, and if not, I will bring it up. I didnt know if anyone else has had this problem or know anything about it?? Its just crazy, how one thing, could lead too so many other problems Im having....hmm...maybe my answers are right in front of me. :) Heres the article!

Treatments for Hormonally Influenced Acne in Women

When women in their thirties and forties suffer from acne, it is common to be very embarrassed to be suffering from a condition that is often considered a teenager’s problem. Acne can play a devastating role on a person’s self-esteem. When women suffer acne as they age, its effects can be detrimental on their personal and professional lives.

When acne is more severe than the occasional outbreak during a menstrual cycle, women rarely consult a medical physician. Relying only on the types of products that served them when they were younger, they are not taking into account the physiological changes they have undergone as they have aged. A common misconception is that treatments for teenagers are not for adults is very untrue.

Women who suffer from hormonal acne may also suffer from:

  • Irregular Menstrual Cycles
  • Obesity
  • Infertility
  • Diabetes

A physician’s exam and laboratory evaluation of hormone production should be able to explore whether or not a woman’s mature acne is a result of hormones. Just because a woman suffers from acne as an adult does not mean she suffers from the conditions above. Hormone levels can be aggravated by stress and diet as well as hormonal imbalance. This is why it is important to consult a physician.

The American Academy of Dermatology finds that the hormonal acne is most often influenced by androgens in the body. Androgens are hormones that stimulate the sebaceous glands and hair follicles in the skin. During menstruation, women, both young and old, tend to have acne flare-ups. Stress can also affect the levels of androgens, resulting in further breakouts. A vicious circle, because the appearance of acne may increase a woman’s stress. These adult-acne flare-ups usually occur most often on the lower face, chin, and jaw line of adult women.

Clues that help the doctor determine whether acne in an adult woman is due to an excess of androgen hormones are hirsutism (excessive growth of hair in unusual places), premenstrual acne flares, irregular menstrual cycles, and elevated blood levels of certain androgens. The doctor may prescribe one of several drugs to treat women with this type of acne. Low-dose estrogen birth control pills help suppress the androgen produced by the ovaries. Low-dose corticosteroid drugs, such as prednisone or dexamethasone, may suppress the androgen produced by the adrenal glands. Finally, the doctor may prescribe an antiandrogen drug, such as spironolactone (Aldactone). This medicine reduces excessive oil production. Side effects of antiandrogen drugs may include irregular menstruation, tender breasts, headache, and fatigue.

1 comment:

  1. I used to have bad breakouts until I had Judah, then it rarely happens...still get it occasionally on my period...but yeah that makes alot of sense...

    Thats so sweet about Mark!

    ReplyDelete