Thursday, April 22, 2010

RIP Timothy Erik Donley


I've always been bitter about 4-20 when I found out that it was Hitlers Birthday, Columbine Shooting and of course its a day the drugs celebrate their stupidity. I thought about it all day that Tuesday and then that night my friend got killed. Here in Wichita Falls Texas, about 9:40ish at night, a 22 year old man, went to our Hastings and shot 4 women, but it didn't kill them. Then he drove to Toby's Bar, where my friend, an Iraq Veteran, was working the door when this gunman shot him in the chest, face, and torso. Timothy Erik Donley was killed and he was only 23.


I went to school with this young man, and he graduated from the school that I work at. Our school is small and not people know it, but the next day, everyone had called and came up there. We all are a close family when someone we went to school with dies or gets hurt. We know everyone since its so small and grow really close. I wasn't ever "close" with Tim, but he was a good Christian guy who was trying to find his place in this world and was doing good for mankind.


I know he is in Heaven serving our Lord and praising His name. He lost a brother in the war in Iraq a few months ago and I know his family must be torn up about it. I did see them on the news and his mom was just horribly heartbroken. I cant imagine losing someone I love like that. The man that shot him, went back to his house and killed himself. These things don't happen here in Wichita Falls. Don't get me wrong, I know it can and does happen everywhere, but we have never seen or experienced something like this here in this town. They are still researching and trying to find the motive and reason behind all this. This man was crazy and has had a criminal past.


Our school is going to try and get together and go to his funeral. We haven't heard when its going to be, but I'm sure it will be in the next few days. When I found out who got shot and killed, I felt empty inside. I never have lost anyone I knew to a murder.


Please say a prayer for everyone who has witnessed this, got hurt in this, and got killed and all their friends and family. Wichita Falls is shaken up over this and we are in sympathy for this tragic event.


God Bless you Tim..... June 6, 1986 - April 20, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment