Tuesday, April 13, 2010

WOOORRRRKKKK


Work this week, even though its Tuesday, has been very hard. I love my job...this year has been one of the best years that Ive worked. But every year we get in this bind with the yearbook. I told them last year, we need to start at the beginning of the school year, which when I brought it up...oh a few hundred times....they always had a reason or excuse. Now that we are crunching, they think its a "great idea" to start earlier. Well, duh!!! Even sponsors this year are telling us we should of started earlier. But I guess that's what did it for my boss to catch on.


But other than that, today was hard. One of the teachers was out, the one who does Kindergarten and 1st grade, (and that's my worst class, cause its so hands on) and then she also tells me today that tomorrow the yearbook is due. Um...what??? How do you expect me to do both?! I tried and tried and had to make some kids cry, but we are almost done. I was giving these kids an easy fun day, to watch movies all afternoon, and nope....they wernt having it after the first movie. They wanted to play, DO THEIR WORK, touch everything in the office, so I finally cut the movie off and made them work for the last hour of school. I think half of them was in the office at the same time, that's too many kids in there, when I'm on the phone and doing the pages of the yearbook. Don't get me wrong....I had other older students in their helping. One is a senior or is done with all her work.....I just didn't leave a room full of kids alone, lol. But they had to come to me for authority.


Oh, also....LOL....this morning, my boss called to tell me I'm going to have to do her classroom and to hurry to open up the school. You need to know, that I never open the school, because that would be 7:30am....I go to school at 8am, and leave at 5pm, and so when she called me, I just woke up and sat on the toilet, half asleep, lol. I was like sure, I can be there.....CRAZY!!! lol....I got there as soon as I could and it was 7:45.....hey I was proud of myself!!! LOL


But I'm blessed to have a good Christian environment job. God has taken care of me beyond measure and I have seen my friend go through jobs and the people she has had to work with. I haven't gotten a job in the "real world" and had to deal with people and how they act....just basically the same people....a few come and go. Ive worked there 6 years and had alot of ups and downs there, but in the end, I'm going to listen to God and go the direction he wants me to go. I have faith that he will bless us and take care of us and I just want everyone to feel that way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment