Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ranger game

My bestie and I went to a Ranger game on Sunday and we had memorable events and plenty of memories to always remember like we always do when we go places.  We headed down there around 2:30 and talked and jammed out the trip down there.  We landed at Panda Express down the street from the Arlington Stadium, across from the Cowboy Stadium.  Had a quick, good lunch and then the search for cheap parking was on the look out.  We ended up finding $5.00 parking and it wasn't that far from the Stadium to walk, which we got blessed on.  I get out of the car to apply my sunscreen and tanning spray and my sandal broke.....but if you know Rachel, you know that she always comes prepared.  :)  I had my other sandals there with me, so I grabbed them and put them on.  We start walking and get to the Stadium.  Now originally Rebecca wanted to go because they were giving out to the first 10,000 kids a free Josh Hamilton towel.  Her son was supposed to go, but things got changed, so he couldn't come.  She was still determined to get one, but couldn't.  We got in and went to the store so Rebecca could look for some stuff, we ended up leaving and I saw some kids with a snow cone and HAD to have one.  It was 1000 degrees after all.  We asked and sure enough found it.  It was a build your own snow cone and of course I'm 12, so I had a blast.  I saw that they had bubble gum and I hadn't had that since I was like 3 or 4 when I actually lived in Dallas and ever since then, no bubble gum snow cone has been the same, so I tried it!!!!!! It was EXACTLY the same as a kid....yes I remember it!!!! So I did like half bubble gum, half cherry and a little sour apple on top, cause I love tangy stuff!!!  It was the best snow cone in the whole free world.  It was worth my $3.75.  So Rebecca had a friend there and we were trying to find them.  In the process I'm eating my delicious snow cone, just following and agreeing to everything she says.  It was that good!!!!  We go to the section where her friend is supposed to be and even the workers there are asking where I got it.  Rebecca got her something to eat and we find our seats.....or wait......some seats that we want to sit at.....cause we never sit where we are supposed to sit....haha.  Of course they were about a million degrees sitting down and Rebecca had shorts on, so I know they burned her legs, I had a dress on, so it wasn't too bad.  But I was sitting at the end, and the metal on the end was scorching my leg, so we got up to get her some water and moved sections.  We ended up finding these seats right in front of the tunnel where there was a breeze behind us.  People in the second inning were leaving, so many people, because of the heat.  Whats crazy is that Rebecca was dieing of heat and I wasn't really that bad, which all summer its been like that for us.  She always loved summer and  hardly sweated and I was miserable.  This year, I enjoy it and not sweat and shes burning up.  Well anyways, we started to live with it and cool off.  We were in the sun the whole entire time until the sun went down.  Half the stadium was in shade when we got there, so we got to live with it, for about 2-3 hours, but I'm working on my tan, so it was fine to me.  :)

So we enjoyed the game, took a million pictures, and had a blast.  We were loud and crazy, to the point that the black folks were looking at us like were crazy, and you know that's bad!!!! lol, but we had so much fun.  We always have fun when its just us two. 

So we left the game and took a different route than normal, because of where we parked.  We find out where we are and about to head to hit the highway.  We are sitting in the left turn lane at a red light.  I look over to my right and see this guy messing with something in his car and he looks at me.  I just look ahead and then I see the guy gas his car while its still red.  I ask Rebecca....where is he going....and BAM!!!!!  There is an SUV coming through the light and he hits them.  Were speechless....but we were witnesses and decided to go over to the gas station and park.  We get out of the car and see these guys coming from the accident scene.  Rebecca asks how they are and if anyone is hurt and this one guy says, oh, hes fine, but shakin up.  Then a couple of more guys come from the scene.  We don't go out there because it was all a mess and we were watching for our safety and didn't want to get in the way.  Then this guy on the phone comes over and asks if we were witnesses and we said yes, and that we would give a report.  He asks us if he would go to jail if he had a suspended license and Rebecca told him yes.  He was on the phone the whole entire thing.  We were trying to help him out and give him advice, but it turn we found out, their whole SUV was full of shady people.  The first guy that Rebecca talked too, ended up fleeing from the scene, so we go out where all the people are and tell the off duty cop that parked behind us, that a man just left and we thought he was in the car.  Then the cop starts being mean to the guy in the car and telling him if hes lieing that he will take him to jail if he doesn't admit some guy was in his car.  Then Rebecca realized (cause I wasn't paying attention) that the other guy was in the SUV and not the car.  Anyways......its getting confusing, lol.....but in the long run......a man in the SUV went to the hospital in a stretcher, the man with the suspended license got a situation and we made a new friend which was the guy in the car.  We ended up taking him home because he didn't have a ride and it was his 2nd day in Dallas, because he was there for internship, he was originally from Michigan.  Rebecca was trying to mack on him, though he was on the young side....but hey.....he was cute!!!!  

So that delayed us for about an hour or two from when we were supposed to get home.....we didn't get home till almost 3am.  Rebecca had to go to work, but I was off.  Every time we go to a Ranger game or event, its always memorable.  We always have stories to share and smiles to remember by.  Last Summer we got caught in a tornado.....literally.....cops told us to go in the freezer and the alarms were going off.....MEMORIES!!!! :)       
Enjoy the pictures.......



















I hate that my edited pictures are blurry!!!! But you get the hint!!!! :)   pictures are better on facebook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment