Sunday, April 7, 2013

What a day!!!!

 My new song!!!

I woke up super early this morning for a business meeting at work.  I was up around 6:30am and had to be there at 8am.  Today is church day and had been excited to go, so I had to make sure I was dressed for the day.  So I get up, get dressed, was at work on time and had a good day work.  I actually earned a few things that help with discounts on clothes there and I even was top credit sales for all the associates.

We were there till 10:30 and I even invited a coworker to church and see was excited to go, so we went and got there on time.  We sang and praised God and even one song made me cry today, when I heard the words, it was like God was reminding me something that He had told me a year or so ago.  I wish I could remember what it was, I would share it.  I know alot of people will say that they don't have to go to church to be close to God, and your right!!! But for me, it jumps starts my week and just lets me stay focused and closer to God.  It helps when you go to a church that you love and feel drawn too.  To be honest, I'm not even a member at the church I go too, but I haven't felt led to join and I'm just going to keep going where my heart desires until otherwise.

So after we went to church, we picked my grandpa up and went to lunch.  We went to ElChicos and we halved the fajitas.  We just kept sitting there talking about God and how great He is and us trying to stay focused on Him, because we both have went through this lonely, rebellion phase, pretty much at the same time.  We didn't find happiness in it at all, and both seem to agree that our hearts are to get back on fire for Jesus!!!

We got our check and it sat there for awhile as we finished eating.  I looked at it and saw the price and asked the waiter if he could split it.  He looks at me and says, "I cant do that".  My friend looks at him and goes, "What do you mean you cant split it?"  He said, "Did you even look at the total?"  In my heard, I'm thinking yes.....it was $18.00 and some change.  I look at it again and it was circled.......0.00!!!!  I asked him if he paid for it, cause I knew who he was, and he said, "No, the lady in the corner paid for it".

Pause for a second.....While we were eating, my friend was talking to me about something.  I don't know what it was, but I felt led to look over to my left and I stared at this lady talking to our waiter.  I could only see her backside, but I remember her wearing a pink shirt and bedazzled pants and I remember seeing a look on our waiters face as he was looking at her.  Why for those 10 plus seconds I stared in that direction and was curious for some unknown reason shocks me, but maybe it was something I was supposed to see.

We were in rush hour time, so there was people all around us.  We were in the middle area too, so I really didn't observe and look around to much.  When talking to the waiter, he informed us that the lady went over there and said that she wanted to pay for our meal.  That is when I asked him if she was wearing a pink shirt and jeans and he said yes.  So when I saw the 0.00, I showed my friend and she started to get teary eyed and so did I.  Here we were just sitting here talking about getting closer to God and how we felt good going to church and wanting to do the right thing and then out of the blue, we get blessed with a free meal and tip.  We did leave our own tip, but it was just such a blessing.

Now the lady in the corner had a different waiter and she even came over and said how she wanted to do a "Pay it forward" and to pay for our meal.  The waiter said, it was just her and 2 kids.

I don't know why she chose us!!! I don't know if God laid something on her heart or maybe she believes in Karma and wanted to do it.  I don't know!!!!!  My friend and I looked at it from God and I even thanked God right then and there for that blessing.  I felt like God wanted us to know that He hears us and He knows our hearts and that He will always be there to take care of us and provide.  We are trying to seek after His own heart and I felt like He wanted us to know that He hears our cries and desires!!

Whatever message that it may of been today, my friend and I looked at it pretty much the same way.



We are children of God and we do not live of this world. 

(above picture is something my friend sent me and I always go back to read it!! :)  I love it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment