Sunday, August 8, 2010

Summer is officially over

My summer is gone!!! This has been one fast, heartbroken, yet, peaceful summer. Alot has happened this summer, that I wouldn't wish upon no one.

1. My grandpa (whom I take care of) was admitted into the hospital and they still never figured out what the cause was. He was there for a little over a month, between the actual hospital stay and then rehab.

2. Found out I was pregnant!!! YAY!! But it ended in an ectopic pregnancy BOO!! I feel blessed to of gotten pregnant though. I guess trying for so long, (2 years) you start doubting if you can even get pregnant again. Though through all of the pain and shots and bleeding, I feel so much better physically.
3. We did get to go to San Antonio and had a fun time, and it was pretty much our vacation, so that was a plus.
4. I did get to sleep in and just relax and not doing anything this summer, which I love.
5. I was broke, because of not working, so that was a down fall.

So with all of those, there are positives and negatives, but that's pretty much with anything in life. I cant complain too much, because I am truly blessed and God has blessed me with everything he has given me.








Now its time to start on a regular schedule and to make some money. I work at a small Christian school here in my home town as the Administrative Assistant. I am not a good teacher, because I lack patience, but I do sub when I need too.

Every year its so different, and it can be a good year, or a bad year, REALLY, based on what the boss has in store for us. One year....I did basically EVERYTHING. I had the kids tell me, that I do too much!!! THE KIDS!!! They felt sorry for me and they even tried to help me with my job...that's just pathetic. Last year was good. We had more workers and it was spaced out of even work for everyone. When I say a small Christian school, I'm talking about 25ish kids, from Pre-K-12 and with 4-5 workers. My job alone, in the office is busy busy. My boss leaves everyday at noon to go to her other job, and when she is at the school, shes not necessarily doing office work, but checking on everything else in the school. So I do have to say, I could run that school. I know if something was to happen to my boss, everyone would come to me and ask me how and what goes on and how things are ran. Honestly, no one else could answer the questions, I could answer for. I'm not trying to brag, but its alot on me. I have thought about all this and all the knowledge I know about this school. I went to High School here, went to college for a year and then came back and worked ever since. I pay the bills, write out checks, file, answer phones, do gym class, do mail, do newsletters, and everything else that goes on. I do deal with the parents, and call them and they pay me tuition. Its crazy when a parent comes to me and the boss is in there, and they give me the money, instead of the boss, lol. But I'm okay with it. I know all the money that comes and goes in that school, because I'm also on the School Board. I am the Treasurer. I am the ONLY person that has ever got the money and the budget right.

But anyways.....this school is a blessing. As aggravated as it can be sometimes and times that I want to quit, God has blessed me through this school. I don't make the amount of money any of us should, since its so small, but God gives me blessings other than that. All of our needs are met and more, and I know its because I'm doing Gods will. Its also a blessing to teach kids about Christ and how to live a Godly life.


So, Its going to take me awhile to get in the hang of things and back on a normal schedule, but I do this every year, so here is too another school year. 2010-2011
These pictures are part of the school.....my husband, me and my boss and my grandpa!!!

1 comment:

  1. I liked that! It is gonna suck getting back in the hang of things once again, but it wont take long and things will be back to normal. I think this school year is gonna be a good one for you. Dont ask me why, I just feel that away!

    ReplyDelete