Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentines Day 2013

 My Valentines Day was actually a good day.  I woke up, went to work, had some extra hours and stayed in the back.  I left, went to go get a part from O'Reilys so my friends dad could put it on me for me.  When I got there, I stood in line and there was 2 younger guys about my age and an older guy working.  The older guy was available next and so I went up to him and he told me I looked familiar.  I looked at him and didn't know him at all and so I just was like, I don't know.  He asked me if I knew a girl named April and I said, no, but then I asked, whats her last name?  He said, Oh, well she lives behind here and takes care of her grandpa.  I said, that's me, My name is Rachel.  He said, oh yeah, you take care of Bubba, you don't remember me?  I said, No, and then he asked me if my divorce was finalized, and I told him yes, back in August.  He said OH, and then I said a few things and he knew all about the ex's and was asking me about them.  He then asked me if I was seeing anybody and if I wanted a sugar daddy.  Ohhhhhh......I see why you wanted to know all this stuff and you remember everything about me.  I nicely talked to him, laughed a little and then left, weirded out.  It was a compliment, but then it wasn't.  He had to of been in his 60's.

So I leave, take my stuff home and my friends dad comes by.  He put the thing on my car and then I take my car to see if its working right and then go up to work to get a bra, because my free 10.00 was about to expire that day and I earned it, so I wanted to use it.  I walk in and my boss is helping this man find some goodies for his lady.  I'm standing there while shes talking to him and told him that bras are buy one get one half off and asked him what size she wears.  He told her and I so happened to see a bra with that size right in front of me which was cute and I showed it to him and he liked it and then I told him he needs to get the bottom part that goes with it.  He told me, he needed a model to model it.  AGAIN, this guy was in his 50's and everyone laughs, and then I make a cue to go get what I want.  So, I am wearing a dress this day, and I wanted to see if these capris that we just got in would fit and so I go over to an area where theres a bunch of clothes and I slip it on underneath my dress.  I look over at my boss and she asked me to come show her and I said, No, theres a man there.....and he says, I wont look, and covers his face to where he can see through his hand.  I'm telling you, I have NO idea, what was going on that day, but it was weird.  While I was at work, the ex proceeds to text me and so I just go over and say Hi, and told him Happy Valentines Day and gave him and hug and came home for my date.

I do find it weird, which was flattering at the same time, how so many people reached out to me that day.  I was excited about my date and nervous at the same time.  I still didn't know what I was going to wear, but when I got home I tried on a dress I bought back when I went to Dallas for my bday, but never did wear it yet, and it was perfect for the night.  My friend came over and we waited till they both got there, since they travelled about an hour and half a way to come take us to dinner. 

When they got here, they picked us up and handed us 3 stem roses each and helped us up in his big truck.  We were both wearing heels and so it sucked to climb, lol, but it was a nice sexy truck, so no complaints.

It was kinda late, about 9ish at this point and so the place wasn't booming, but they took us to Johnny Carinos.  We sat down and everyone had a drink except for the friend, but we all relaxed.  They hadn't been to a place like that, so they didn't know what they wanted.  That place is like my second home and so I knew what was good and what wasn't.  I ordered me a Bellini, which was yummy and they ordered both Crown and Coke.  The guy I was with, ended up giving is over to his friend, because they said it was strong and he had to drive home, which was responsible.  Now me and my guy knew each other, but my friend and his friend never spoke to each other, so it was fun watching them get to know each other and ask questions. 

I wanted to go on this date, because I realized, I am 27 years old, I am single and it was Valentines Day.  If a guy wanted to take us out to dinner, then I was going to let him.  I wanted to live outside my bubble and I wanted to explore and get to know new people.   After we ate, we went to WalMart and everybody got them something, but I didn't.  Then we showed them a little bit around Wichita, since they never really been here and then they took us home.  They work 12 hours shifts weeks at a time with no days off, so they had to get up early all over again.  I was off, and even Rebecca had to go to work, so I understood.  We all hugged goodnight, kiss on the cheek and said our goodbyes.

I really had a good Valentines Day, and it just shows me, hopefully what my future may hold.  I do long for a mans touch and to feel spoiled again.  I'm not really looking forward to getting to know a man all over again and to know them inside out, but I know it will happen and its something to look forward too.  I know in Gods timing, whoever he has for me, it will be magical and it will all fall in place.  Until then, I'm going to keep my guard on my heart, until God removes it and just enjoy life and get to know people!!! :)










A gift from the boss!!

No comments:

Post a Comment