Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Daily devotion

I have given you a worthwhile goal

Where we are here in this body or away from this body, our goal is to please him. 2 Corinthians 5:9

So much happens in your life that you cannot control.  But I have given you a place to put your focus and invest your energies in the midst of the world you cannot control.  Your life is not merely about securing the hope of heaven and then living as you please.  As you wait for heaven, throw everything you have and everything you are into this singular aim:  Make it your goal to please me.  Set your sights on living a life that honors me and on becoming a person who is pleasing to me. 

When hard things come (and they will) and you wonder what to do, make it your goal to please me in how you respond.  When you are betrayed, abandoned, or misused, invest your energies on pleasing me instead of justifying yourself.  When you feel the sting of undeserved criticism, the fearfulness of being alone, the weight of overwhelming responsibility, or the aimlessness that comes from lack of purpose or significance, make it your goal to please me.

Oh, Lord, how I long to please you in how I invest my time and money, how I handle success as well as failure.  Thank you for filling my life with meaning by giving me this worthwhile goal....



I read my devotions today and read this one and it touched me.  Its just a reminder that God up in heaven does know that you face trials and this life isn't going to be perfect and people are going to hurt you, but that He is still there always.  I know I have a problem with focusing on the bad.  I'm a really bad pessimist.  I think alot of bad things have happened to me that I just expect the worse, but I shouldn't, because through it all, some good has come out of it and alot of lessons learned and also its made me stronger.  Lately with me feeling depressed, I have been focusing on all the negative.  I have focused on what my life ISN'T, but I know I should focus on what it IS.  I'm blessed, bills are paid, I have a job, my health is good, my grandpa is still alive and his presence alone is a very comforting presence, because I can feel him praying for me all the time.  At the end of the day, I still pray for Gods will done in my life.  I want to please him and to not go off and do what I want to do.  Trust me....I feel the holy spirit so loud when I go against God.  I have that guilty conscience and it doesn't go away.  I find that a HUGE blessing, because I know God is tapping on me, telling me, "MY CHILD, this is not of me."  Meaning, its a sin and its of the devil. 

As I go on with tomorrows appointment, I am praying that everything will turn out okay and I will start feeling better soon!!!  Also, as I am getting closer to my 27th birthday, I want to celebrate that I am alive and healthy!!!  God could of taken me along time ago, but I should be blessed that I have made it to 27 and still have alot to do on this earth!!!!  :)   So I guess you guys are stuck with me awhile and reading my "oh so interesting blog".    MUAH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment