Wednesday, October 3, 2012

19 years ago

October 2nd was 19 years since I got saved.  I remember I was 8 and I was at home and my preacher at the time, came over to my house and sat me down and asked me some questions.  I believed everything he was asking me and I remember I started to cry.  Even to this day when someone gets saved, I cry!!! Its just this overwhelming, wonderful feeling, that it gets me emotional. I remember he came over on a Sunday and my birthday was on a Tuesday and the next Sunday is when I got baptised.  I even remember crying when after I got baptised and people came over and shook my hand or hugged me, I was crying and trying to hide it.  I thought it was weird that as a kid, I cried so much over something that I really didn't understand why it made me so emotional. 

Ive been so blessed and thankful that I grew up with God in my life and that I had a relationship with him.  I have always felt to try and please God in everything that I do all growing up.  I have put my standards high because I know his are.  I remember learning to "be like Jesus" and I try.  I'm not near close of course, but I try and look through Christ eyes.  I'm not perfect, I have fallen short, even last year was probably my worse that I have ever done, but I have grown, learned, been forgiven, and try and strive to show and teach others my  mistakes, so hopefully they wont do them or can make other right choices. 

I really don't know how my life would of been without Jesus.  I don't know how I could of gone through some of the things I have without his love, peace and comfort.  I don't know how people do it, honestly, without God.  I see alot of people and see how miserable and unhappy they are and it shows alot to me that they probably don't have God.  When I come across someone like that, I always try and share my story or what God can do for them.  I know its our duty as believers to share the gospel of Jesus and to share what He has done, dieing for sins on the cross.  Jesus is LOVE and His love is a love that you can never have with anything or anyone in this world.  I want everyone to experience His love and mercy and his peace that he can give to your life.  No matter where your at, no matter what situation or addiction or unhappiness or heartache your going through, just call out to Jesus and ask him to help you, to come in to your life and ask him to come into your heart.  The holy spirit is an amazing feeling when you have God living inside of you!!! 

I hope all my friends and family and even enemies know God and have a relationship with them.  I pray all the time for the people who have hurt me or no longer in my life anymore, that they will walk with God and have a relationship with Him and if they don't Him that they will come to know God.  This life is too short for us to wait or to say, "Ill do it tomorrow", because they or you might not be there tomorrow. 

Share and Know Jesus Today!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment