Thursday, October 11, 2012

My birthday trip!!!!!

 So lets just say, that my birthday trip started off wonderful the night before last Friday.  I had seen on one of my friends status about him getting gas at .84 a gallon.  NO ONE asked where at, and so I did.  He told me and I went there.  Sure enough it was .84 for super unleaded.  I called Rebecca up at 12:00 at night and told her about it and she drove over there so I could gas her car up for my birthday.  I filled my tank up (which by the way I haven't filled my car up in a LONG time because my car leaks gas) for $12.00 and I filled her car up for $10.00.  The wonderful thing was I budgeted $80.00 for gas and ended up spending $30.00 AND I gassed up my car for $12.00 so I spent $42.00 on gas.  I thought that was a huge blessing!!!!  My car is still on full!!  We think it was a fluke, that it was supposed to be $3.84.  Sad part is, when I headed over there, no one was there so I thought that maybe it was over with or someone caught it.  But my gas light was on so I had to put something in.  I pull up, get out and look at unleaded and see that its regular price, but then I noticed the super unleaded.  As I watched people pull up and get gas, no one seemed excited, so I could tell that they didn't notice it either.  Now I'm going to notice those things.  I wonder how many times, I might of missed something like that.

 So we headed to Dallas and left around 9:45am.  We get to Dallas and look for a Chick-fil-a.  For some reason that was really difficult and their wernt any close to anything.  We looked and looked and decided to go to our hotel.  We found a good one and checked in, then we got Rebecca something to eat and then headed to Hong Kong Gardens.  I love that place and have been raised on it.  It was my moms first Chinese food.  Crazy thing was, I told Rebecca that I had been going there since I was 4 and when we were leaving they had on their sign.....established since 1989.
 This is the house my grandpa and grandma bought when they moved to Dallas.  They lived here for 20 something years and this is the house I grew up in, in Dallas.
 This is the church I grew up in!!!




 We had a nice room and very updated and decorated.
 You can tell who's bed is who's.  Rebecca is a Ranger fan, and I of course love black and white and Zebra.  We had went to Sam Moon and Harry Hines and also went to Torrid to get some cute dresses and shoes.  Rebecca got her blanket on Harry Hines and I got me some cute purses, which was my goal.  You can see my brown purse in the pictures when we went to Rainforest Cafe.
 So I was sick and I knew that I was about to spend some money on a steak and so I wanted to feel good and not be stuffed up. So I made my own little recipe remedy and well........Lets just say within 3 minutes, I broke out in patches.
 The drink that almost killed me.....ha!!
 This Hotel was awesome!!! It would have pictures and words and everything on the lights on the building.

 Rebecca up at the ball.  I thought she looked so beautiful, but the lady in the back, kinda creepy, lol
 I just wished more than anything that I felt better than what I did.  I know I would of had such a more wonderful time.
 Yummy green beans!!!
 Cabbage soup that was wonderful!!
 Our $99.00 steak!!!

 My face seemed and felt so swollen from being sick.  I hated taking pictures because I just felt so swollen.

 Our sweet waiter came out with this for me.  He was so nice!!!

 Afterwards, well, after the married hostess got our waiter to ride down with him and us all together and asks us what we are doing afterwards, we get down to look at the hotel.  The married man was talking to me and telling me these things while the waiter was talking to Rebecca.  The married guy gave me high five when I told him I was divorced.....kinda awkward.
But I wanted to show Rebecca the Hotel and we rode up the 28 flights on the Hotel, which then shows outside.  I LOVE that hotel.  Actually before I die, its my wish to stay there.  We went and looked at the museum of Dallas and the hotel and Rebecca and I were going to meet up with one of her friends in Dallas.  We meet him up and it was fun because we arnt club people.  We get there and he gives the door guy money and the door man says "Their good".  We get in there, he buys us a few beers and we just watch some people.  It was Rebecca's first time at a club so she was intrigued, but I was dead tired at this point.  Our feet both hurt from the heels cause we had been walking and standing everywhere, but I just wanted to go to sleep.  In fact when we did get back to the hotel, we were updating our stuff and changed clothes and then we slept like a baby.  I think we both didn't turn over in our beds.  The direction we laid down to fall asleep, was the direction we woke up too.  You know you were sleeping hard and is tired when that happens.  We had been up since 7ish that morning and didn't get to sleep till 4 or 5 in the morning.
 So we take it kinda slow the next morning and pack up.  I had started to feel even more sick that day, but still wanted to enjoy my last day in Dallas.  We got up, got ready, packed, checked out and then got some gas.  We headed to Grapevine to eat at the Rainforest Cafe and I also wanted to visit another Lane Bryant before we left.  They did have one, but it was an outlet, but it still gave me a sense of a different LB.





















 We go back to the mall that we got our dresses and we stopped into a sports store.....I LOVED this trash can of the SPURS!!!
 Then we stopped for some cookies at Mrs. Fields int he mall and the last 2 cookies had MY HEART and Rebecca's TEXAS RANGERS.   It was crazy.....she got that cookie.....
 I got these!!!! :)   SO delish!!!!! AND with my white cherry ICEE!!!

 This is the keychain Rebecca got me for my birthday.
 and these are the earrings!!!

I had a great time, better than I would of imagined.  Everything seemed to fall into place with us.  When we went to Parks Mall in Arlington, the store we needed was right in front of us, when we had NO clue where it was going to be at....oh AND  a Chick-fil-a for Rebecca, right next to each  other.  Then when we went to Grapevine mall, the Rainforest Cafe was right by Lane Bryant.  I just feel like God really knew our time was valuable and we got to our locations just fine.  I think we spent more time trying to figure downtown Dallas more than anything, but its because they had soooooooo much construction that it kept throwing us off more and more.  Ill say it again.....I KNOW I would of had more fun if I wasn't sick and on my period.  I felt at some points that I was being punished or something because I literally busted my butt off for a month for this trip.  I still had a fun time and great memories.....I just wish I was felt better.  Now its time to work hard and catch up and save up again for something else.  I really do feel blessed in my life.  I have been trying to do everything right and to pay my tithe and to listen to God. I feel him blessing me and I just cant wait till he blesses me with the blessings of life....marriage and babies!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment