Friday, February 26, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have been working on the kitchen all week. Mine and Marks schedule are way off now. He was off Sunday-Thursday, and of course I had to work. So we had to work on the kitchen when I got home. We have been putting down the wood floors, and it really does take 2 people to do them. But we did get it all done Wednesday night. I feel so relieved and I love the floor. It feels clean and more healthy in there now. We had put those sticky squares on top of the old linoleum and after awhile, it just felt dirty. Plus we had bought the squares back in 2003 and put them down and they were the kind they just came out with, and it was made cheaper, because now they have better kinds, which that's what I did my bathroom in. They are made harder and can hold up better. We also got our new tables and chairs in and Mark put the table together today. I guess its good to have a hubby who worked for a furniture store in the past, lol. All we are waiting on, is one more chair. I guess it didn't come in, which is fine, because we have a total of 6 chairs together. The table can sit 6, but we are just going to be 2 chairs at our bar until we really need them for company.

All I have left in the kitchen, is to buy trim, to put at the baseboards and some trim for the wall ( I had some, but I accidentally cut off BOTH short....I was so mad at myself...I never do that, 2 times). I also need to buy a curtain for the window and some things to put on the bottom of our table and chairs to it wont scratch the new floor. They came with rubber things, but I want to make sure and protect them anyways.

So, we are at the end....and now I feel like the rest of my house is out of date now, lol. But it will be awhile before I do anything else. I really would love to redo my grandpas room. He needs a room makeover and I know he would love it. But he has some big, bulky furniture and I don't really know how that would work, lol. But when its all said and done....I will post before and after pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment