Friday, April 27, 2012

My best friend

My best friend is named Rebecca.  We go way back to 6th grade as best friends.  There was a part of our lives for 5 years that we didn't talk over petty high school stuff.  Then we basically just jumped in to being friends one day.  There isn't a shadow of a doubt in my mind that she will always be my best friend.  She has my back no matter what.  She would really go to jail for me.  I have been so blessed to have a friend like her in my life especially during all the bad.  We are so different.  We like different foods and different styles and different men.  I guess its all good, cause then we wont have to fight over any men, lol. 

I think we look at each other and know that we are different and accept it.  We know that God made us individually different, but with us, its a respect.  I think when your around someone all the time, you tend to pull them into what you like and what you want to do.  With us, you can ask each other if that person wants to do something out of their realm and sometimes they agree and sometimes, they are like no!  We don't try and change each other.  We have tried to motivate each other going out of our box, but other than that, we know each other and our likes and dislikes.

My friend Rebecca wasn't always the God fearing woman that I have always known.  In fact, I remember as a kid, she didn't know God and didn't have a relationship with him and I just did not understand that. lol  I remember we would get in argument's, because it was so easy, and why wouldn't you not want to walk with the Lord?  But here we are over 16 years later and she motivates and encourages me with God alot now.  God has been working in her and I feel honored and blessed to have her walking with the Lord, when I wasn't.  She never gave up on me when I turned my back from God, but kept me in her prayers.  All she wants from me, is to be happy.  I know she cares about me alot and it means so much to me.  I hope she knows that I care about her alot.  I don't know what I would do in this life without her and I don't want to know. 

Another important thing with Rebecca to me, is that she was very close to my mother.  She is alot like my mom, probably more than me.  We always joke, that shes like my mom and I'm more like her son. lol  Our personalities and annoyances are the same and Rebecca and my mom have the same personalities.

Then, Rebecca will check on me and ask me how I'm doing.  For some weird reason she knows the days that I'm having a bad day or something bothering me and she will check on me.  I don't know how she knows, but she does.

I feel blessed to have her in my life.  I know I annoy her to death sometimes and I know I worry over things she thinks is useless, and Im sure they are.  I wish I didn't burden her sometimes with my problems, but I know she will always be there.  I need to learn to let things go and not let things bother me so much.  I just hate hurting people and its hard for me to get over this.  I have been in this depression for a couple of days now.  I just wish a part of my life would hurry up and pass, so I can be "fully happy" again.  I am happy with where I am at, and where I have grown and learned, but I just have unfinished business holding me down.

But I pray that God will touch Rebecca and give her the desires of her heart.   Shes such a good mother to her son, even though she doesn't give herself enough credit for it.  I know being a single mother isn't easy as I watched my mom struggle to be the mom and dad to me.  My mom had to be extra hard on me, because it was her raising me and I see that's what Rebecca does.  Shes a good mother and I know God is proud of her as I am too.  I love her!





Another thing about Rebecca is that she is the most giving person I know.  She will give you her last dollar if you needed it and she doesn't want anything back in return.  I wish I had a giving heart as much as she does.  I feel selfish when I'm around her.  Little does she know, that I look up to her and admire her.  I wish she would see herself as beautiful as I do.  She has such a beautiful heart and soul and shes so beautiful on the outside.  She really deserves the best in life, for she is walking with the Lord as close as she can.  She admits to wanting to change for the better and asks God daily to help her be a better Christian.  I am so proud that she is my best friend and feel blessed to have her in my life.  I know we will be friends for life and even friends in heaven! :)  There is a connection that I don't think I could feel with any other female.  We can have the best of fun with just us sitting around talking.  We can plot things and we think things at the same time.  We know how to do our business of R&R.  We have secrets that no one knows and plans that we cant share. 

We will always be R&R!!!!!!!!  :)


P.S. Shes a huge Josh Hamilton lover and Ranger Fan!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment