Monday, April 2, 2012

I will not let sinful impulses dictate your life

You should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus. Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. Romans 6:11-12

I know that you don't always feel dead to sin-that you often feel quite alive to it, invigorated by its passions. But your feelings do not tell you the truth. The truth is that because you are united to Christ, you are now dead to sin. The connection has been cut off. All ties have been severed. Now you are alive to me. We are deeply connected as my life flows into yours.
As you begin to see yourself as dead to sin and alive to me, you'll find power to resist sins desires to draw you back into its grasp. Seeing yourself this way is not a mind game or merely pretending. It is how you live out this new reality.
Sin is power, not just an act. And the power of sin wants to control your life. But because you are united to Christ, the power of sin has been broken in your life. Sin is no longer the boss. You can say no. You can say good-bye to old habits and long-term tendencies.

I have severed all ties to my old life of chasing after sin, and I am now joined to you...


This was today's devotion. It touched me. I know alot of us might have sinned or lived in sin in the past and we have repented and ask God to forgive us. But for some reason we hold onto it and we cant let it go. The devil throws it back in our face, but if we really have repented and not lived that way and asked God to forgive us, then he has forgotten it. God knows our hearts and knows if we really in our hearts want to change the sin we are doing or if we ask for forgiveness and turn around and do it again and again. If you keep repeating your sin and knowing you are doing it, then how much are you really feeling bad and wanting to be forgiven?? I have messed up and ask for forgiveness, and temptation came back my way and I sinned again. But God knew in my heart that I felt so bad and I had to take that temptation away and out of my life for me to fully turn away from it. So I ask you today, if you have a sin or a way that you may be living in sin, how much faith and strength do you put in God for you to fully turn away and repent and ask for forgiveness. God loves you and he wants you to praise him and to trust him. Sin can have a strong power over you, but God is bigger. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment