Monday, July 30, 2012

Beginning steps of my book

I havent had much time to really write lately.  I have been blessed that some co workers are going on vacation or they have quit.  I know that sounds bad, but that gives me more hours.  I need the extra money and I know God will provide.  With me being busy and keeping up with chores and everyday life, my mind has been racing.  This week is going to be a busy and emotional week.  My divorce is going to be finalized on Wednesday and I'm working alot of hours.  Also Im having a girls night out this next Friday, which I'm looking forward too.

Today though was the craziest thing.  I didnt go to church, but decided to watch it on TV.  I also have been a little behind in my bible study because I have worked till closing every night and I have been exhausted.  In fact thats the reason why I didnt go to church, because I went to sleep without even thinking of taking a shower.  I was off 2 days and had plans on catching up on everything and they ended up needing me those 2 days. I worked more hours in those 2 days than I was scheduled for the whole week.  I feel blessed though.  So today I come home after taking my grandpa to church and watched the service on TV.  The preacher is talking about through the trials, give God the glory and there might be someone saved out of your trial or devastation.  It instantly reminded me of my book and my trials.  So I start writing in my prayer journal and praying about my book.  The other day I felt what I should call my book.  Though I have told a few people, Im not 100% on it, because there are other books called it.  It fits though, it fits everything that I need to say.  Well in the middle of my prayer, I felt the need to go to the back of my journal and start writing down my chapters.  I get to the last chapter and it hit me........Im going to write another book going off of this book.  I wont lie......I teared up with what God was revealing to me. 

The crazy part is, I was sitting there on my bed thinking of this book.  I was thinking if Mark had never left me, if I had never of gone through what I did, this book wouldnt be this book.  When I was sitting there just trying to get a clue on chapters, I instantly had this thought of my last chapter being called, "My second chance".  Its about me starting over and having a second chance on this life and doing it right, the way God wants me too.  So there was a flash of my second book that came across me, that the next book would be showing and sharing what God has done for my life up to that point. 

I know Im not the perfect blogger, writer, or word things the right way.  Sometimes I even re-read what I write and dont understand what Im saying.  I pray that I can write better and can be a better speaker in public.  I really feel God pounding on my heart with my book more and more each and everyday.  I honestly dont know what Im doing, where Im going to fully start or how long its going to take.  I sometimes wonder if this is just be wanting something, but no.....I really feel like Im supposed to write a book.  Even when Mark and I was together, I kept telling him I was going to write a book one day.  Well, I think this is the time in my life that I need to start.  Im not scared, I know God will open the doors and have the people in my life that will get this done and accomplished.  I feel honored that I have people supporting me and wanting to help me.  I also have some people who would love to read my book.  I didnt realize that many people kept up with me.  I know I doubt myself and my ability to get this done.  This is not a small thing and I know there are so many steps and its a time consuming thing.  If you only knew what God is making my heart feel like.  Its just overwhelmed, but in a good way, and these ideas of the direction God wants me to go.

 I still dont know what audience Im going to attract with this book.  Think about it.....Why would someone walking in a book store want to pick my book up and read about my life?  Usually you have an interest of what you are looking for when you go into a book store.  Im not a famous person, so I know no one is going to want to just read about my life.  Its not based on a simple thing, but my life trials.  But this is where I have to give it to God and he will direct it the way He wants it to go.  You know what???? Thats the most wonderful thing....is I dont have to worry about it....I just simply trust and let God take control of the situation. 


So I ask all you friends of mine and strangers that read my blog.....to pray for me and for guidance with this book.    Much love, Joy Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment