Thursday, July 12, 2012

No title.....lol.....had to change it!!!

 
 {   I was done with my blog,and putting this picture up above.....I was also listening to Red, Pieces and when I read the line,"Sometimes He breaks our heart to make us whole", the same time the song said "I come to you in pieces, so you can make me whole!"  Just another way that God has been showing me what hes doing in my life  :)  }

I was talking to a friend tonight and he gave me this quote from the Bible that I always heard but never put together with where I am right now.... Matthew 22:14 says, "Many are called, but few are chosen".  I know I have been chosen, I have always felt that way.  I feel it now more than ever.  God keeps changing and molding my heart to see what He wants me to see.  The past 5 days or so, I just feel like a whole different person.  God is getting me ready for something big.  Its kinda scary, but with faith I'm not scared.  I'm more anxious to see what it is.

My divorce is coming to an end soon and Mark has been put on my heart alot lately.  Actually some of my close friends have been put on my heart too.  I read this tonight and these 2 people kept popping in my head as I read this.....
Matthew 7:13-14 ...'Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.' ... The majority of the called people (professing Christians) are heading down the 'broad' way, which leads to destruction. The narrow path is the only way to be saved through Jesus, and only few will find it. Think about it, many of the professing Christians in this world think that they can just believe in Jesus, turn up at their social club (church) a couple times and week to sing rock songs with "Christian" words, chat to their friends about the worldly things they did during the week, and be saved! They believe that you don't need to keep God's law anymore, that you don't really need to make any sacrifices in your life for Christ, and that you can carry on living a worldly life, "as long as you have Jesus!" Does someone living this way REALLY have Jesus? According to Jesus they don't and they are heading right down to destruction. Think about those two ways; one is broad, so it must be an 'easy' way, and the other is narrow, so it must be a difficult path. Which of the two is being preached in the churches today? The 'easy' broad way!

Of course, I don't know anyones hearts and where they walk with God and I of course am not perfect and have my flaws and struggles.  But I was made for a purpose just like everyone else.  Its one of those things, where you might have to turn off your phone, turn the TV off, turn the computer off and open up your Bible and read it.  You will be surprised, with reading stories of the past, even if its a story that isn't interesting to you, that when you read it, how close you can feel towards God.  The Bible is a very powerful book!!  That's another thing....I do a Bible study a night, where I am reading the whole Bible this year.  I can say, I'm over half way done with it...woot woot.  :)   But I was thinking when I fell behind in it.....what all did I put before my hour of time with God a night?  Was it a TV show?  going to a friends house?  talking on the phone?  Staying up late on the computer?  Why do we put so much time in worldly things, and cant even spend an hour with God???  Do you realize that  ONE hour a day, how much closer of a walk you can be with God with being in prayer and reading the word!!!!

Ive already thought about next year....I thought to myself, "okay, Rachel....your reading the Bible this year, are you going to read it next year?"  Ive always been told, every time you read the Bible or a scripture verse, it can be the same thing, but you can get so many different things out of it and its true.  Ive thought about maybe finding a study in maybe a certain book and doing that for a year.  But anyways.....

I feel like I'm "high on God" right now.  I remember being like this, when I was younger and I always struggled with seeing my friends live the way they do.  I always wanted to "fix" them, and I didn't understand when I would tell them the right way or what God would think of living, why they didn't change.  Now I'm older and clearly know better, but I can feel myself, as my younger version of me back in the day, is wanting to come out.  I get everyone has opinions and they all have their personal relationship with God and their walk with God.  We all fall short of his glory and we all stray.    I know it was hard for my good Christian friends last year to see me, go through what I went through.  They did what they were supposed too.  They prayed for me....they let me do what I was going to do, they backed off, and prayed for me.  My best friend had told me, that she knew she had to let me live this way, because she knew that I was going to grow out of it and wake up.  No one tried to force me or tie me down and change me.  They knew that I knew what I was doing and that's what I need to do.  Sometimes though, as believers, we need to be reminded that, "Hey, this isn't right", or "Hey, what does the Bible say about this?"

So my whole blog today, was supposed to be about me being chosen, because God REALLY laid it on my heart tonight.  When I start blogging, I just want you all to know, that I don't ever know what I'm really know what I'm going to talk about, but I have an idea.  I feel like God wants me to share what he puts on my heart and I don't really think that me going into detail tonight about me being chosen is what He has planned.

I just know that a couple of people have been put on my heart lately to pray for.  I feel in my heart that they are blinded or are starting to go down the broad path of destruction.  My initial reaction is to stop talking to them, because I'm afraid I'm going to be mean.  I'm afraid I'm going to come across preachy and judgemental, when I don't want to be.  I'm not even sure how I can come across loving and friendly.  One thing I love about Baptist preachers is, they get straight to the point....they don't play around and they don't make it look like its all smiles and rainbows.  Its simple, you either accept Jesus and go to the Heaven , or don't and go to hell.  Well, that's kinda how I want to say stuff and I cant.  Something I need to pray about.

I have rambled tonight.....I just have been thinking alot and studying about Gods word and asking God to show me what I need to do.  I had a lady come in today at work, a regular whom I love,  and said I'm glowing and I'm breezy, she said.  Its because my wounds are being healed.  I can feel God slowly healing my wounds.  Just like our human bodies when we get cut or split open, it takes time for our bodies to heal.  Well, these wounds that have been holding me down are slowly getting healed with Gods love.  There will always be a scar, but that's what makes us stronger and who we are.  Just like Jesus still has the scars on his hands and feet when he was on the cross.  Its a reminder of what he did for us. 

The past couple of years has been a roller coaster of ups and downs.  I will always remember this time in my life and take it with me.

Its 1:30 am and I need to do my Bible study before bed......so I am departing from this computer!!!!  Goodnight and Gold Bless!!

P.S.  I know I yoyo'd through this whole blog and it might not make sense........Hopefully you understand the message I was trying to get too and come across with.... okay, now its bedtime!! ! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment