Wednesday, January 30, 2013

God is good

Last Wednesday my car started having some problems.  It started making a popping noise in my exhaust pipe and acted like it was wanting to die.  I took it to the ex bf and he told me to take it to the shop.  I took it to a certain auto shop that a couple of people recommended and they called me and told me I needed a new exhaust manifold. They said it was going to be $350.00 and they were going to get it from the salvage yard and they couldn't do anything else to the car until that was put on first.  When I heard this, a red flag went up with me.  I remember dropping off my car and I never was at peace.  In fact I couldn't even sleep good the night before, because something was just off.  I had contacted a few people and did some research and it just seemed not right and bogus.  I had a few people tell me different things, but I decided to just ask on my facebook if anyone had any good, trustworthy, cheap mechanics they knew.  One of my old coworkers who's husband actually owns a body shop, recommended this one person and it was like 2 blocks away from where I was at already, so I just went with that one.  I had a few people tell me other things, but this one, just felt right. 

My friend has been driving me around and I feel sooooooo grateful and thankful, even though I feel like a bum and so I got my car from the other shop, took it down the street and they instantly started looking at it.  I had told them, I cant afford alot, so please don't add stuff in there if its not necessary and he looked at me and told me, "I'm not like that", and I just knew he meant it.  I told my friend when I got back in the car with her, cause I had to leave it there overnight, that I felt at peace about my car and never worried about it since. 

I got the phone call today that my car is ready and then I had this overwhelmed feeling, because I didn't know how much it was going to be and they were already done with it.  I asked how much it was and they said $95.00.  I then asked what was wrong with it and she said, it needed a new spark plug.  I get that I could of had someone do that for free and just pay for the part, but I don't think you understand how much of relief it was, it was something so small.  I asked a few more questions and she said, its running just fine. 

I have been praying, my grandpa has, my friends have, and I have tried putting my trust and faith in God to the fullest, but I did catch myself trying to figure it all out.  When I left it at Billy's, I really feel like its then is when I put my faith in God and just breathed.  Like I said before, I was at peace when I dropped it off.  I had been praying for God to show me what to do.....and He did!!!

I know this might sound small, but its huge to me.  On top of it all, Monday, when I had to take it to a shop and be without any car AND my truck wasn't working, I got a phone call that I didn't get the job that I applied at.  I heard the voice message and laughed and said....of course, cause why would I?  But then I had this peace feeling that the job is not where God wanted me to be. 

God always just feels my heart with feelings and emotions and reminds me that He is taking care of me and not to worry.  I love knowing everything will be okay and my life could be worse and to just deal with life's ups and downs and have faith.

I was going to have to walk to work in the morning and walk home, but now today my friend will pick me up and I will have my car!! :)  

I do feel so blessed and I'm grateful that I can afford this.  I mean, if course its money that I didn't want to have to fork out, but its money that I do have set aside I can use. 

So once again, God has taken care of me and I feel so blessed!!!!  This song kept coming to my mind all week and was a reminder that God holds tomorrow in His hands.....

Great song

No comments:

Post a Comment