Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I will give you the gift of Eternal Life!

I will give you the gift of Eternal Life

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

Sin is a cruel and deceptive master. it promises pleasure, and when people obey, at first it feels like freedom. But in reality, sin only enslaves and depletes. It takes, but it does not give. In fact it takes and takes and takes, earning the sinner the only wage it ever pays--death. Sin seduces its slaves to disobey me and then disappears, leaving sinners to perish.
But I am the Master you were made to serve, I do not take from you, nor do I need you to work for me. I intend to give to you--to give and give and give. And what I give is gifts, not wages.
There will never be a day when I will stop giving more new joys to my people. I will never run out of gifts, ceasing to be a great Giver. It will take an eternity for me to exhaust the riches of my kindness toward you in Jesus Christ.

I have clearly earned eternal death, yet in your generous grace you have given me the free gift of eternal life. I know that I will spend eternity enjoying more and more of the wonders of your grace...

This is one of my daily devotions.....Alot of us forget how powerful Satan is and once we give in a little, he takes alot. But no matter what we have done or doing now, God can turn it all around, if you have trust and faith in HIM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment