Monday, December 17, 2012

My gramps


Day he fell

Wednesday morning

Wednesday night


First off....the first picture looks like my grandpa got some action while being drunk....lol.   I had just put my lipstick on and was about to go to work and thought I would lay a smack on his cheek.  Funny thing was, was I took the picture and then showed it to him and he was like, "this is on my face?"  lol   YEP!!!

So my grandpa had fallen 2 Mondays ago while plugging in the Christmas lights.  He don't know how he did it and how he got off balance and the door was open so I heard him fall.  The picture of the blood was when he fell.  The next day, he was fine, said he was sore, but that was it.  The day after that before bed, he couldn't move his arm and said it hurt to bend it where the elbow and crease is.  The next day his nurse came by and said he should go to the urgent care.  I took him up there, they took x-rays, wrapped it up and said to leave it in a sling.  So then it got better, the pain wasn't too bad, he took his arm out of the sleeve and was good.  Then it just slowly went down to his hand.  Then around this past Tuesday (a week and a day after he fell) his hand swell up.  I took a picture of it Wednesday  morning and then when I got home really late that night and he was in bed, I looked at it and it was red and hot.  I told him he needed to get out of bed and we need to go to the ER.  I knew the next day, I had an 8 hour day (actually was a 12 hour day) and I wasn't going to be able to take him and I knew I would worry all day.  He couldn't do anything....I had to help him get dressed and what not.  He didn't shave or do dishes or wash clothes.

We went to the ER about 9pm.  There was about 50 people in the waiting room and I knew it was going to be a LONG night.  God was watching us, because we went straight in.  They went from checking his blood pressure (which was fine) to straight to a room.  We were there for about 4 hours and they gave him some antibiotics and took some more xrays and they said nothing was broken or fractured.  We really didn't even get a straight answer on what was really wrong, but said that sometimes a small break in the skin can cause infection.  Its almost back to normal now and the next day from when we went to the hospital, I heard grandpa doing dishes and washing his clothes.  He kept saying, "you don't know how much you use your hand till when you cant".  I love him!!!!  Hes a good man and hates to put anyone out.  I really don't mind helping him, but I do hope he stays strong and not depend on me to bathe or clothe him as he gets older because I know how hard that's going to be on me, but I will do what I can.

My grandpa hardly ever complains....as you can see hes so peaceful in any circumstance.  The one picture of him sitting down, is when hes at the heart Dr just waiting.  Though he can be impatient when the Dr takes forever and when hes waiting on food, lol.

Thank you everyone for praying for my grandpa....hes the world to me and my only parent left and I want him to live to be 120!!! :)  That means I will be......64!!! LOL  2049  Oh man.....I cant even fathom all that!!!  Ill be an old lady, so then he can go then to be with the Lord!!! hehe!!  Or we can all just go in the rapture....that's my plan!!! But Gods plan will happen!!

Okay, I'm tired and I think I blogged about 10 tonight, lol.  Goodnight my loves!!

No comments:

Post a Comment