Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bills Bills Bills & GOD!!!










I have to admit. I don't make much money where I work. I work at a small Christian school here my town and its not very big and pouring out with money. I work as an Administrative Assistant and so I know everything that comes and goes with the money. I take care of our schools funding and I pay the bills and present it to the School Board. I know we cant afford for our staff to make $10.00 an hour. So we all know the sacrifices and blessings God pours on us, since we all feel in our hearts the desire to work there. I am going on my 7th year working there and its about to start here in a week or so. I know God has blessed me beyond measure with what I have and my Dr's and Dr bills.








Short story: I worked at the school my first year after getting out of college. It was supposed to be something short termed but a little money to help me with. I finally got the job, I always wanted...working for Blue Cross Blue Shield. Its the job my mom worked at before she died, and it paid well and my mom had good insurance. I got on!!! I worked there for a month, when I found out I had cancer. I was still in training so we didn't have insurance at the time. I was so shocked and was wondering how I'm going to pay for all of this. God led me to the best Dr. Not only, because I didn't work anymore (they fired me, for missing a day) I was eligible for indigent health care. The hospital paid for everything....I think it was around $40,000 and then not only that....My Dr. did it all for free too. He let me go see him free and he did the surgery for free. I believe his bill was $3,000. I was 19 and these were big...huge...numbers to be and I didn't have a clue how I was going to pay these off. But God came and blessed me with 40 something thousand dollars of a gift. He took that burden away. I believe he did that AND my cancer was gone, for numerous of reasons. Not only did it change me for ever!! I now experience life as a gift and don't take it for granted. I know that with God all things are truly possible, even when you don't see the end of the road, God is there and with you through your journey. But he took that burden of debt away. Just like when he died on the cross. He paid for our sins, so we can live with Him for eternity if we just believe in Him and accept him in our hearts.








Things like this I know God is there and he cares. I know it stinks to make the amount we do make, and sometimes I get mad with everything that I have to put up with for that little of money, but God shocks me sometimes.








Another short story: It was early in the year a few years back. I got a bill from our mortgage company, telling me I need to pay $194.00 to make our house payment stay the same. ( I guess something went up, like usual) I really didn't think about it....I was thinking, well I guess I can try and come up with the money or let our house payment go up. I was sitting at work, when my boss comes in and gives me money. She always gives me money, since I handle the billing and I asked her what this is for, so I could write it on the receipt. She told me...God told me to give this to you. He told me, you needed it. I told her...I don't need it. I looked to see how much it was...it was $200.00. It took me literally like 5 minutes before it dawned on me, the money I needed for my house. I went and hugged her and then explained to her what it was for. I had tears coming out of my eyes. These are things I would of never of thought would of happened to me, but when you trust in God and do HIS will, he will amaze you.








Because I work at this school, God blesses me and he has always taken care of my needs and more. I have more stuff than I deserve or need, and I thank God for that everyday. I know he can take it away in a second, but I just want him to know how thankful we really are!!!








Honestly, I wasn't going on this route...I was going to talk about my credit card bills, but I guess God had other plans for me to write about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment