Tuesday, December 29, 2009

God is awesome


So I want to share a story how God speaks to me over little, but yet big things to me. It means alot and it just shows how awesome our God is. So a few months ago, we have this light on the side of our house that goes into our kitchen. Well its been out for some years and we have tried to be light bulbs in there and it would never work. Well one day I had this feeling, and voice say...just try and put a light bulb in there, what will hurt? So I got Mark to put it in there, because hes tall and I'm short and that's how we roll, lol and then :wal-la: there was light!!!


So last night, we needed light and our bedroom light had stopped working a few years ago....I was fixing my bed and the light was on and I was trying to make the blankets straight on the bed, so I swooshed the covers and it hit the cord to pull the light on and it hit the light and then it stopped working ever since then. (and for some reason I cant explain anything tonight, lol, you like my new words I'm making up as I go?? lol) So we have tried to see if we could fix it, because that's one of the main lights in our room, and it was hard to see. I had to go get some lamps so we could see better. Last night, I had the same voice say the same thing. He told me, Just try it, whats there to hurt? So I was going to go in the pantry to look for the light bulbs (oh and I have to tell you another story just in a bit about that) and then we tried it and :wal-la: it worked. I posted a pic up that I took with my lovely laptop video cam of it, lol. I am just so excited and so thrilled that God has let me have an open heart and mind for these things to hear him. I heard him tell me I'm going to get pregnant, so I'm holding on to that hope and faith and I'm just waiting on his time to show me.


But about the other story. For the past few days, I have been wanting to post pictures up of Christmas and our blizzard and everything else that has been happening for the past few weeks. So I got a new laptop for Christmas and I was wanting to stick my new editing program on it so I can post the new pics....oh I broke ours, so Mark took it apart and now my cards wont read on it, so that's why I havent been able to post. So I was looking for like 3 days and was getting mad cause I knew that it was around here somewhere. At one point I thought someone came in and robbed us and all they took was my editing program, lol. I was going a little crazy. So then all of a sudden I remembered putting some stuff in my closet in the pantry....I get to the pantry and then the basket isn't there....I put the basket in the laundry room....so what did I do with the stuff in there? So to make this story a little shorter, while I was looking in the pantry for the light bulbs, I look up and there is the bag, I touch it, and there it is. I feel like God gave me 2 blessings in like 2 minutes. Hes just an awesome God.

So to leave on this note.....last night, something came to me.......

God is my electrician.....HE LIGHTS UP MY WORLD!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome Rachel, I know you were going nutts without your program, and I also think that is amazing about your light!! God is awesome, and He does work in mysterious ways!!

    ReplyDelete