Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My mom

Myspace GraphicsI have been thinking about my mom alot lately. I'm not sure if its because Christmas is here and its my favorite time of the year, or if its because she died around this time of year, or if its because I would love for her to tell me what I need to hear about trying for a baby, or maybe its just all of those.
I wonder what she would say and do in my situation right now. I can only remember my mom as a 16 year old, and her being my mother and making sure I was being raised the right way and that I was making good choices. I wish I could talk to my mother now that I'm a woman. I know she would give me all the right words and the encouragement to make me feel good. My mom was a really strong, independent and a very good role model of a woman. She is honestly my hero and to this day, I think about making her proud and happy of me.
I wish she was here to be happy of having a grandchild and tell me everything she would get them and how she would love to take care of them while me and my husband went on a date. I know my mom would be head over heels for my children. She would of been a very good grandma and she would of loved to teach me everything that I needed to know to take care of a baby.
Now, that I want a baby so much, it just makes me appreciate being a mother and everything that they sacrifice for you. I guess growing up, you never think about being inside of your moms belly and she takes care of you and feeds you and goes through pain for you and then raises you. Kids don't think that, and I know they shouldn't, but now as I'm older, it makes my moms love stronger to me. Being a mom is a wonderful thing. I cant wait to be a mother and to take care of my baby. I want to raise them to glorify the Lord and to be a good Christian. I believe my mom raised and instilled all that in me.
My mom was a single mom who never got married. She always told me, she did wrong, but she never regreted having me. She never believed in abortion and she told me, it never crossed her mind. She always told me, I wasn't an accident, I was more of a "oops", lol. My mom loved me more than anything and she told me that all the time. I was her life, and she went through pain of dieing of cancer, just so she could be with me and wouldn't have to die to leave me here. That alone meant alot to me that I think about all the time. I know one day soon, I will see her in heaven. Until then, she is taking care of my precious babies in heaven and telling them all about how stubborn and spoilt their momma is.
Thank you God for such a wonderful mother and to be raised in a good Christian home. I hope I can be a good mother as my mother was to me.

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet and so true! Your mother was such an amazing woman, she had a huge impact on me. I think of her all the time, and wonder what life would be like if she would still be here. Me and Shirley had a lot in common, even the un spoken, like the way we had love for the Golden Girls. I mean, its kinda hard to explain and may sound silly about a tv show, but she and I got it like it should be gotten, where as some people may watch the show, and be like hmmm, I dont get it?. If that makes any sense. I loved your mom like she was my own mother, I really did. I loved going to your house, not only to hang out with you, but I loved to spend time with your mom also. She was so different than my mom in a lot of ways, yet they were the same in a lot of ways also. She did a very excellent job of raising you, I would love to be able to say one day that I did that well with Dominick. I know that I am far, far, from that. But I got a few years to go, lol. I also believe that you are your mother. You are going to be such a great mom to your children, both you and Mark. Your children may not physically have you mom with them, but they will have her with them through you every day. I will never forget your mother, and I know that one day you are going to be just as wonderful as a mother as she was!!!

    ReplyDelete