Tuesday, November 27, 2012

:(

Ananias said, “But Lord, many people have told me about this man. He is the reason many of Your followers in Jerusalem have had to suffer much. He came here with the right and the power from the head religious leaders to put everyone in chains who call on Your name.” The Lord said to him, “Go! This man is the one I have chosen to carry My name among the people who are not Jews and to their kings and to Jews. I will show him how much he will have to suffer because of Me.” (Acts 9:13-16 NIV)


Have you tried telling God what to do? How to do it or when to do it? I know I have. I've even gone to the extent of explaining why my way is better, as if he doesn't already know. I think we're all guilty of this at one point in our lives. In the verse above Ananias falls into the same trap. Jesus has just revealed himself to Saul and gives Ananias clear instructions of what to do next. Well, instead of following them, he starts to explain to the Lord the reason he doesn't think it's such a good idea. What Ananias failed to see was that the all knowing God knew that Saul would soon become Paul the apostle for the gentiles. He was going to be God's instrument in spreading the good news, an intricate part of His plan. Many times we also fail to see what only God can. We think we know better, when in fact we know NOTHING. We only see as far  as our headlights, he sees far beyond that even in the darkest of nights. Is the Lord pulling you in a direction you think is not right? Walk in that direction anyway; He knows what lies at the end of that road and why He wants you there. Is God pulling you in the opposite direction of the person you want to be with? Don't resist, God knows what will happen in the next 40 years and knows who is better suited for you. Did God close a door you wished to walk through? Praise Him in the hallway because only he knows the trap he rescued you from. My point is, don't fight God, surrender your will to His. He knows why things happen. He knows why things don't happen but in everything give him the praise.




I didn't write the above, but today was a day I needed to read this.  I have been struggling with something lately.  I feel like I'm starting to be in another spiritual warfare if I don't just give it to God.  I don't understand certain things, things that don't add up, that there isn't an answer too.  I have asked several people the past few days with a situation I have been presented and there is no answer.  In fact, no one really even knows what I'm feeling.  Maybe I'm being blinded, maybe I'm wanting it to be a certain way when in my heart I know the answer.  I don't understand why this is so difficult when in reality its black and white and for some reason I'm making it gray.  I'm at peace with it, but then I'm not.  My mind doesn't shut it off and I feel like I'm losing my mind.  I can feel my strength weakening with each minute that passes by each day.  I don't like it, I feel like I'm going to let the devil defeat me when that's not what I want.  I can feel Gods strength in me....I really do....I can feel my human self pull away and I can feel him planting me still.  I pray for that, I pray for Him to guide me and His strength.  I already know what I'm going to do, its just to keep focused on that and to make sure I don't slip.  I need prayers please.....thank you!

Song

No comments:

Post a Comment