Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween

I haven't dressed up since I don't know when, it had been a few years.  I asked at work if we could dress up and we couldn't.  So one of my coworkers still wanted to do something that still was in our dress code and she was going to be a pin up girl.  I thought that would be fun and so she kinda gave me some ideas and what to look up to get the look.  The more I looked into it, I started to get excited but wasn't sure if I could pull it off.  I never thought that I would be able to dress or do my hair or makeup to look like how they do it, or if it would even look good on me.  The night before I watched some videos on how to do my hair and my hair was either too long or too fine, or I just couldn't figure it out, so I just grabbed 3 hair styles and put it into one.  I LOVED it!! I thought it looked like me and it was kinda easy to do.  I then started to play with makeup.  I never wore lipstick, in fact I don't even think I wore any  on my wedding day.  I just have always thought it was a nuisance and thought it was a pain to deal with.  I put the bright red lips on and it stayed!  It stayed for a long time and I really never had to deal with it. 

So I was like, OKAY!!!!! Hopefully in the morning I will be able to redo this and make it look better.  So I was excited the whole night before and got up an hour early and started to get ready.  It all turned out good and then I got dressed.  I wore the dress that I got for my birthday in Dallas cause it was a form fitting dress with heels and the day before I bought a little lace shrug to go over it.  I also got a couple of flowers to go in my hair, because I didn't know which one would look best with my dress.  I did end up with the black and white with yellow in it, because to me the black and white reminded me of that era.   I had so much fun taking pictures because it was different.  Ive always been stuck in the same fashion or the same type of clothes and never go outside of my box.  I always get in a "comfort" zone and never explore anything else.  I had fun and would love to do a photo shoot of something like this one day.  I think it would be alot of fun.




























 totally burnt my arm on curling my hair that day!! Shows I never do anything different with my hurr






So I wanted to share some photos of me that day.  I did end up loving the whole look on me and thought it would be fun to dress like that more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment